Saturday, August 12, 2006

Hello?

Well I am beginning to think that perhaps this blogg just won't work. I check it 2-3 times a day and still see only my own post! I have not yet heard anything from Stewarts, Hench's or Bruun's so I don't know if they even got the email I sent. I will spend some time on the phone tomorrow trying to get in touch with them. Hopefully we can keep this thing going!
Also, I know some of you are working on other bloggs or have family websites. If you give me the link for the website I can put it on the side so that we can access it easily. I put a link to our family website over there. It has some videos and pictures of the kids and trips and such.
Things here are going okay. Tom and kids are doing well, really enjoying a nice cool temperature this week with tons of time outside to enjoy it. Tonight we went to a BBQ for a friends birthday. Yesterday I ran 5 miles, my personal longest, and it wasn't that hard. My friend and are trying to do one long run a week so next time we'll try for more. Tom had his softball championship tournament this morning. They took 5th place. Danica is getting really close to crawling, rolling around everywhere and trying to dive for things. Hayden has learned how to draw pictures of people, they are really cute. He drew me really tall, I liked that!
I would say that things here are great except yesterday there was a horrible accident right in front of our house. A 30 year old man on a bike was hit by a car and killed. I was standing near our front windows and heard the accident. I called 911 and was the first person outside to respond to scene. I ran to try to help the man but as I approached I could tell it was too late. Needless to say I was panicked and traumatized. People started to come out of their houses and I saw my landlord and yelled to him asking what we should do but he just stood there. I was panicked and went into "task mode." I tried to calm the driver, a 31 year old woman who was screaming and going into shock, then I ran back and forth telling cars to turn around and find a different route. It was all really a blurr and I just kept thinking that I needed to do something besides just stand there but I wasn't sure what to do. I ran back in my house and closed the blinds. Luckily Hayden was in the booster seat eating a snack and watching a cartoon. He had heard the 911 call I made and wanted to come out and see but I just tried to pretend everything was fine and made him stay where he was. Danica was napping. The ambulance and police then arrived and things just went from there. Fortunately, Tom came home just about 15 minutes later. I was shaky, nauseas and had a headache most of the afternoon and cried some from the stress and trauma. It was like a bad movie that wouldn't stop replaying in my head. I took some Ambien to help me sleep last night and I feel much better today, I am sure I will continue to improve. The newspaper article said that he lived just about a block away, he lived alone and was just going on a bike ride. They believe he lost control of his bike and veered into the car.
So please pray for the man's parents, and the woman who hit him, they all need it right now. It makes life feel all too fragil and just makes me want to hug everyone or something. How thankful I am for the Plan of Salvation and the peace I can recieve from the Lord. But that said it was still horrible and I am sorry to post such a depressing story, maybe I shouldn't have written it, I'm sorry. As I said, I am feeling much better today and it will be behind me soon.
We just finished playing a game of LIFE, Hayden played with us and he beat me! He's now in bed so I think I'll go to bed as well! Good night!

Tracey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home