From Me Again
Well if anyone is actually checking this website you can learn all about my life! Remember, this webiste is for husbands and wives, anyone can post and read. Spread the word, let me know if you need me to send an official invite to make it easy for them to post! Thanks!
So we hit September and the temperature dropped 10 degrees...I can't believe it's almost fall! I had to put blankets on the kids to take them running this morning. Tom and I signed up for a 5K on Labor Day. Some other friends pushing strollers are doing it also, it should be fun. It starts just down the street from us and we run around "historic" Cleveland Heights. I haven't run a race in ages so it should be a lot of fun. Now the big debate is which one of us should push the stoller, or do we run together and take turns? I guess we'll see. My friend and I actually decided it would be fun to train for a half marathon but we can't find one that is not on a Sunday. Oh well, we just enjoy running. Brooke your idea of some sort of motivation system is a good one. Maybe we each commit to a personal goal and then have a chance to report on the goal or something. Or we could do something like "the biggest runner." I'm open to anything, I'll let you know if I have any other idea.
I went to a meeting at Hayden's preschool Wednesday night and got to get to know his teacher better. I really like her philosophy and way of handling the kids, I think he'll do well with her. I still have moments of doubt about letting him go. They talked about a field trip to the apple orchard I have taken him to in past years so I immediately thought "Wait, I can do this myself, I don't need a preschool." Then this morning I took him to the music class we have done in past years and I had so much fun singing with him and felt sad that we can't go to it anymore because he'll be at school. But of course there's so much more to him being a part of a preschool class and he is going to love it. Plus, then I thought about what it might be like to have a few hours to myself during the day. Now that he doesn't nap I never have time alone, but Danica will be napping in the morning while he's at school... The possibilities of what I could do with myself are amazing... :) Anyway, Hayden was in bed when I got home from the meeting and then he woke up really early in morning and came and climbed into bed with me. The first thing he said was "Mom, I really missed you when you were at your meeting!" He sure knows how to make me feel good!
Danica still has no teeth at all. I have friends whose kids didn't get teeth until they were a year old so I won't worry yet. She can go from laying down to sitting up and is trying so hard to pull up on things. We had to lower her mattress in her crib because when I would go to get her in the morning or after a nap she would just be sitting there! It's so cute and I'm sure she'll quickly learn to pull up on the sides of the crib! Today she did a few little "steps" of crawling in order to reach something. Next time I'll have to put something further away and see if she'll come to it! I'm hoping to start doing babysigns with her soon. I especially want to teach her to say "more" because she likes to yell really loud when she wants more!
Yesterday we had a play date with Sophie (the girl I used to babysit). I dropped Hayden off at their house for the first time and went to the outlet mall to do some back to school shopping. Then this afternoon we drove someone to the airport and she wasn't ready on time and then we couldn't fit all her stuff and the kids in her mini-van so I had to hurry and call a friend and leave Hayden at their house. Needless to say they nearly missed their flight, very stressful! But Hayden loved it because he spent the whole day playing with his friends!
Well we are hoping to have a nice, but rainy weekend. We may go to see Cars at the dollar theater tonight. Then tomorrow we may go to an air show and then a ward BBQ. Monday is the race and then the waterpark, should be fun!
I hope you have a great weekend!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home