Christmas



Well, the holidays are over...(sniff, sniff!) I can't believe it. This Christmas was pretty crazy for us as well. My sister got married on the 28th so my whole family was in town too. It was really fun, but like Tracey said, very chaotic. There are 8 grandkids under the age of 2 so it was pretty noisy too. Clara was so funny at the reception. They had a live band and she danced her little heart out! She was so serious about it too! It was very cute. We also passed around the stomache flu, which was interesting. Amazingly enough, however, everyone made it to the wedding and I don't think anyone was sick on Christmas Day. Luckily Clara and I managed to dodge the flu...BJ wasn't so lucky. Usually he's the one that doesn't get sick but I think his luck finally wore out. Christmas morning was really fun with Clara. We've learned out lesson, though. Next year i think we'll just get her a baby doll! That was the first thing she opened and after that, she didn't care about anything else. We even got her this cute little kitchen, which i totally stressed over for a month because everyone was sold out and nobody had it online and finally found one on the 23rd!!!! Anyway, we FORCED her to rip off the wrapping paper and she threw a huge fit! She couldn't care less! Once things slowed down and we brought it home the next day she did have fun with it...it was just very anti-climatic! =) Oh well. BJ and I had a good Christmas too...although I think mine was much better than his! =) He got me Josh Groban tickets at the Staples center in March, which I couldn't be more thrilled about! I'm a HUGE fan! We are also going to go to Disneyland with his family while we are there. I'm really excited about that too. I had no idea he was going to surprise me like that so all I got him was a snowboarding coat and a back scratcher (it's a pretty cool backscratcher, I have to admit!) Oh well. He's going with me, obviously to the concert and to Disneyland so I guess it was a joint gift.
Clara is growing up soooo fast! Her favorite thing to tell me is "NO WAY!" That's right, she's getting sassy already! She is talking like crazy now...repeating everything we say in her cute little voice that my sister-in-law thinks sounds like a kazoo. She's actually kinda right! She does kinda sound like a kazoo! =) She's also trying to master jumping. She just swings her arms and skips a little...nowhere near jumping but she thinks it's pretty cool. She also likes to read books. She'll sit in this little plush Dora chair and read outloud to herself. i'm understanding more of what she's saying now and it's really quite cute. We've also been teaching her some sign-language, mostly because I think it's cute, but she created her own sign. I don't know if you remember me sending that picture of her with a purple bowl on her head, but when she wants food in a bowl, she pats her head and says, "bowl!" I thought it was a fluke at first, but she does it all the time. Aren't kids so funny!
Well, hopefully you all had a wonderful holiday season. I'm excited for the Stinchfield's news about moving to San Diego! We'll definitely have to visit you! And I also heard the Spencer's now have four kids! Congratulations! Keep posting, everyone! (myself included! =)
Wendy

2 Comments:
Clara is soooo cute!!! I love those pictures and love the image of her getting so mad on Christmas morning! It's great what we stress about as parents! We had the stomach flu over Christmas as well, it's so lousy! I'm glad you dodged it! Danica got and was so miserable! Hopefully we'll get to see you all a lot more once we move!!!
Tracey
testing this. hey, can you resend the access for posting or participating to rachael?
Post a Comment
<< Home